Friday, July 18, 2014

Organizing organizers

Although I do not have a teaching job, or even a classroom, I have been slowly collecting items for my future classroom. Here I have taken the typical plastic storage cart that I have seen in many classrooms and I have hidden all the stuff in the drawers. Although you cannot see in this picture, I use a black and white printed contact paper to cover the sides of the drawers,and I love it. In this photo, I have used black construction paper slid into place to hide the stuff from the front, and then I wrote on 3x5 index cards what was in each drawer. Problem? Yes, the construction paper gets disheveled and so do the cards. What I would do (trial and error at its best here). I would use the same contact paper to cover the front like I did the sides then I would take a coordinating piece of paper and make a label. I would then attach the label with clear contact paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment